Flowers on a Budget
Flowers are an essential part of most weddings. Sure, they look pretty, but they offer much more, such helping to create the joyful, romantic and elegant atmosphere that every wedding tries to achieve. The sad fact however is that for the vast majority of brides, they’ll be working within a pretty tight allowance while choosing their dream floral arrangements. So, here are some general budgeting tips when it comes to flowers:
- Be absolutely honest with your florist about your budget from the beginning to avoid any disappointments. Irrespective of your specific allowance, they should be able to help you pick out some great options.
- If you are on a budget, create a ‘must have’ and a ‘wish’ list- that way, you know what to add on if you have a little extra cash.
- If you really want to use expensive flowers, use them sparingly, such as in your bouquet and centrepieces, that’s one of the secrets.
- The costs of centrepieces add up insanely fast. Consider less elaborate or even non- flower centrepieces to keep your costs low.
- Get creative with how you collect your flowers: don’t be afraid to raid your or a friends garden (obviously asking first) to supplement the flowers you’ve already bought or buy your flowers from the guys on the side of the road with a flower carriage (I personally know someone who has done that and saved thousands). The key thing to remember is that the flowers match and that they’re in great condition (so pick them the day before your wedding and store them in the fridge!).
- Use particularly fragrant flowers to give the impression that there are actually more flowers. Some of these highly perfumed flowers include: lilies, hyacinths, jasmine, sweet pea, and frangipani.
Now that these tips have been shared with you, be sure to let us know how they have helped you in picking flowers on a budget.
Happy flower shopping!!!